Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Philanthropic Opportunity

This past Friday, April 24, at STITCHES South I met two wonderful sisters, Peggy and Joan. Peggy has some special needs and their mother devoted three years to teach Peggy how to knit. Peggy loves knitting and she makes scarves to donate to the Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception which in turn gives them to needy people. Joan told me that Peggy uses any yarn she can find or is given, and she especially likes to combine colors in the scarves. If anyone has any yarn that they are not using and want to get rid of, please consider donating it to Peggy. I can collect the yarn and take it to them.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Halberstadt

1 comment:

Kiarapanther said...

My boss' mother just passed and he has boxes and boxes of her yarn he is trying to find a home for it. Can you contact me at kiarapanther1 on the yahoo.com email?