Friday, August 10, 2012

A Trauma Bear's Personal Trauma


You probably remember Ford.  He’s one of the spokesbears for our Trauma BearProject.  After the August meeting, I volunteered to take him home and watch him until next month.

Someone in my house discovered Ford the next morning. 



Initially, Ford got lots of love, and even enjoyed watching cartoons with the boys.



I don’t know what happened after I left for work, but when I came home at the end of the day, I found this.


Our president, Eve, received a formal request from Ford’s representative requesting hazard pay.  I hate to admit it, but I think he might have a case.   

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Ever the sartorially splendid bear, our Ford is just trying to negotiate a new contract so he can buy more snappy new threads. Ford is getting ready to go out to make a big push for the Trauma Bears Project. Not every bear has the wardrobe needed for placement with child who needs the comfort and love of a bear.

Eve said...

LOL! Have Ford's representative contact me in writing. :) I'll be happy to approve the pay for hazardous duty. I'll have the jar of "hunny" ready to go.